The best way to read this blog.

NOTE: The first time you read my blog, it would be a good idea to start at the bottom and scroll upward. I have written it in sequence and it could be a little confusing if you don't start at the beginning.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

the shooting begins with Regina #1

All I can say is thank goodness for Facebook. That's where I keep up with friends and family members, see pictures, read quotes, and get to read what many had for dinner. Really.  Well, somewhere around the middle of August, before I sent the letter, I read on Facebook that Regina Jeffers was coming to Atlanta for The Decatur Book Festival on Labor Day Weekend. For those of you who don't know this, Regina is a successful author who has written several novels related to Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice. Regina could explain it better than I, although I just finished reading The Phantom of Pemberley (loved it), and I have to admit that I need to reread Pride and Prejudice. Remembering my study habits or lack of at both Huntington High and Marshall, there is a strong possibility that I only read the Cliff Notes. But I digress. 

I contacted Regina, explained my project, and asked if she would take a few minutes to pose for the project. She agreed and I met her in Decatur. I took her picture after she had participated in a group discussion about Jane Austin. Unfortunately, it was one of the hottest days this year in Atlanta...Africa hot. Regina was quite the pro...no complaining and acting as if it was a spring day. 



Thanks Regina, for being the first "for real" participant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment