The best way to read this blog.

NOTE: The first time you read my blog, it would be a good idea to start at the bottom and scroll upward. I have written it in sequence and it could be a little confusing if you don't start at the beginning.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

the experiment

By now the project was on the drawing board.  I needed to see if anyone besides my closest friends would agree to participate. I had a long-time friend in mind who I was hoping to convince to pose for me. Sue Ellen. She lives at the beach and I knew that Tom and I were going to be there in January (2011), so I contacted her and explained my project. Needless to say, I was thrilled when she agreed to do it. Because she wasn't "of age" yet, we both agreed that this would be a "practice shoot." 

The shoot went well, considering that it was on the beach, in the winter, in the wind, and in the bright sunlight. No serious photographer would consider shooting under these conditions, but what did they know? I was channeling Annie Leibovitz; I knew I could do it. 

The minute we returned to Atlanta (I tend to exaggerate) I began to process the images. This is Sue Ellen's favorite.



And this is my mine.



Not bad considering that I didn't have my grips (Barbara and Penny) to hold the reflector. I was lucky. That's all there is to it. 

Next post: the planning

No comments:

Post a Comment