The best way to read this blog.

NOTE: The first time you read my blog, it would be a good idea to start at the bottom and scroll upward. I have written it in sequence and it could be a little confusing if you don't start at the beginning.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Sandy #24

After spending the evening with two family friends in Port St. Lucie, I ventured to West Palm Beach the next day to photograph Sandy Smith Coster. She gave me directions to a baptist church where we were to meet. Wouldn't you know it, by the time I got there the service was over and there were people everywhere! We finally found each other thanks to cell phones! Thank goodness, her friend, Bill, was willing to chauffeur us as we scoured for locations. West Palm Beach and Palm Beach are two beautiful cities...so much to choose from and so little time. 

We finally settled on the historic hotel, The Breakers. I know this is awful to say, but it looked to me like you had to have had some serious work done (if you know what I mean) or you must be over 80 to stay there, but the grounds and the interior are ideal for portraiture photography. 


This image of Sandy was taken in an outdoor cafe connected to the hotel. Her red jacket against the green foliage was a photographer's dream.  And speaking of a photographer's dream, I was able to capture the sparkle in Sandy's big brown eyes. Notice how her hair matches her eyes...she looks gorgeous! The image that I'll put in the book was taken in the lobby. Get ready. 

After our session, we went back to West Palm Beach and had lunch at a restaurant across from the waterway. So beautiful. Thank you Sandy and Bill for showing me your beautiful city and for the lunch! It was wonderful seeing you and getting a peek into what you've been up to in the last 40 or so years!

No comments:

Post a Comment